Monday, April 23, 2007

Arkansas father says sons "traumatized" over seeing pictures of lesbian sex

What kind of man wants to stop his sons from seeing girl-on-girl sex, the ultimate fantasy pastime of heterosexual men? The kind of man who is so bigoted, he had a fit when his adolescent sons "just happened" to come across (oops!) such a book while they were in the library looking for a book about military academies.

So which book would you rather read?

I digress. Earl Adams of Bentonville, Arkansas (who you just know is "looking at" that book as I write this) wants the city to pay his sons $20,000 because they were so traumatized by the sight of two-dimensional lesbian sex. Right. Adams described "many sleepless nights" in his house, and I leave it to you, dear reader, to determine why those boys lay sleepless.

Adams also described the book as "patently offensive and lacks any artistic, literary or scientific value." Uh-huh. (Reminds me of a joke I used to hear when I was a kid: A woman frantically approaches a police officer and says "Officer, please help me! A man over there is exposing himself!" The police officers looks, and says "I'm sorry, M'am, but I don't see anything." "Well, if you stand on this box...")

According to Adams, the "Christian community" will take legal action if the book is put back where his sons found it, so boys--be sure to sneak it back into the library when dad isn't looking.

Thanks to Pam Spaulding of Pandagon.

Labels: