Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Azaleas are everywhere

Nothing says spring (not my favorite time of year, by the way) like azaleas. Here is a stand in the wild part of our yard that I used to have to walk a good distance to see. Now that so many trees have been removed because of Katrina, I can see it through my home office window. The people who built this house planted several azaleas in the wooded areas of the property, and they are nice surprises to come upon when you are strolling through the pines and oaks.

There are also azaleas in our side yard. There used to be three large ones right outside my kitchen window, but something mysterious happened to them that caused them to die, which was quite sad. My favorite is the Japanese azalea I planted several years ago, which blooms about three times a year.

During March, walking or riding around our community is a treat because of some of the dazzling displays of azaleas. All I have to do is walk outside--our neighbors have multiple stands of them. There is also a public garden not too far from here that is open only during azalea season.

2 Comments:

I love azaleas. There is a town in Oklahoma that has an Azalea festival. Oh my, there are miles of bushes of all different colors and when they bloom, it is a treat to drive through the park, yep a park just for azaleas. Here the fruit trees, dogwoods, and redbuds are blooming and while I love the colors, I am sneezing like crazy and my eyes tear constantly. It seems as if this year, the Zyrtec isn't helping.

By Blogger zelda1, at 10:30 PM  

michael kors handbags, kate spade, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, replica watches, cheap oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet online, ralph lauren outlet, ralph lauren polo, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, burberry factory outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, louboutin uk, nike outlet, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, cheap jordans, tiffany jewelry, prada handbags, michael kors outlet store, louis vuitton, longchamp bags, louis vuitton outlet, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, christian louboutin, louboutin shoes, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, uggs on sale, longchamp outlet, uggs outlet, ray ban sunglasses, uggs outlet, replica watches, nike free

By Blogger oakleyses, at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home