Thursday, September 28, 2006

Elizabeth Edwards shows an ugly part of herself to Time

I have little time for John Kerry, as anyone who reads this blog knows. But I also have little time for petty, hypocritical attacks, and Kerry has just received one from Elizabeth Edwards, wife of Kerry's 2004 running mate, John Edwards. From Time's "10 Questions For Elizabeth Edwards":

[referring to Kerry]
I'd be telling you things that weren't true if I said that he didn't have an impediment. He did. He was certainly able to be painted as someone who didn't understand what people did with their free time or what their concerns were when they sat around the table. But I don't think that if you looked at his policies you would have found that to be a fair conclusion.


And in describing her own lifestyle:

It's a different kind of luxury, I think. I know the people whose artwork is on my walls--they're not the old masters. I shop at Target. We eat at Wendy's. Even though we have a lot and I feel very blessed, we are basically the same people we were when we first started out and made, between us, $28,000 a year.

If there's one thing I hate, it's someone with a lot of money who brags about not spending it. Or perhaps John and Elizabeth are just Philistines and like to brag about that. Either way, it was a cheap, nasty attack, and she should be ashamed.

4 Comments:

I have to say, I have met or know the people that made the art on my walls - there are plenty of regional artists who make nice affordable prints and market them at local art shows. And some of my own stuff is on the wall, not that it is all that fabulous - it just reminds me to try to pick up the pen /crayon / brush once in a while and not be a total workaholic.

It's not the non-worldclass art that bothers me about EE, neither is it the philistinism (if present) - art isn't everyone's bag - it's the rude dig at JK.

NancyP

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:39 PM  

For the record, I didn't interpret the remark about knowing the artists whose work is on her walls as philistinism (I have plent of art by artists I know). Rather, I am suspiciuos of the "old masters" comment and the entire tone of the remarks. But, as you say, regardless of Edwards' own cultural sophistication, the remarks were mean-spirited and uncalled for.

By Blogger Diane, at 2:08 PM  

michael kors handbags, kate spade, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, replica watches, cheap oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet online, ralph lauren outlet, ralph lauren polo, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, burberry factory outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, louboutin uk, nike outlet, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, cheap jordans, tiffany jewelry, prada handbags, michael kors outlet store, louis vuitton, longchamp bags, louis vuitton outlet, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, christian louboutin, louboutin shoes, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, uggs on sale, longchamp outlet, uggs outlet, ray ban sunglasses, uggs outlet, replica watches, nike free

By Blogger oakleyses, at 1:51 AM  

chanel outlet
kate spade handbags outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
oakley sunglasses wholesale
montblanc pen
uggs outlet
oakley sunglasses cheap
air jordan shoes
toms shoes
replica rolex watches
2016.12.24chenlixiang

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home