Wednesday, August 30, 2006

FBI now looking at Kinkade

In the spring of 2005, I reported that painter Thomas Kinkade had been accused of assaulting women, defrauding galleries, and even urinating on Winnie the Pooh. I am pleased to report that the FBI has taken an interest in "devout Christian" Kinkade, who has been sued by at least six of his Thomas Kinkade Signature Gallery owners, who were persuaded to open the galleries because of Kinkade's Christian faith (they never learn, it seems).

The former gallery owners say that after investing thousands of dollars, the company's policies--forcing them to open more galleries in saturated markets, pricing the merchandise higher than nearby discount galleries whose prices they were forbidden to match. There are also charges that Kinkade schemed to devalue his public company before taking it private.

The "painter of light" is about to have the light shown in places I'm sure he would rather remain very dark.

4 Comments:

Yes, he deserves jail time for the paintings alone.

By Blogger Diane, at 8:54 AM  

Why is it so satisfying when someone who seriously irritates, i.e., Kincaid & his pictures, really steps in it. Thanks for the info.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 AM  

You're welcome.

And I know...it it satisfying to know that someone who has committed so many aesthetic violations can at least be punished for the legal ones. Apparently, he is pretty crazy, too. No surprise.

By Blogger Diane, at 9:55 PM  

I had a guy to my house for a quote on updating a half bath, and after he mentioned to me TWICE that he'd be out of town for a week on a MISSION, I decided he was a con artist at best and a bit dim at least. When I failed to respond with interest to his first pathetic appeal to my religious solidarity, he should have dropped it. After the second mention of the MISSION he was going on, it was obvious that I'd be hiring this guy for his religiosity and not for his plumbing skill. And why would I do that? He didn't know me or have any reason to think I shared his faith. I don't know why anyone would imagine that a Christian who wears it on his sleeve is somehow more trustworthy than other people. I find it's quite the opposite.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home