Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Save me from liberals...please

So today Al Franken was expressing obvious surprise that someone over 70 was "really smart." He went on and on about it--such a shocker. That was as bad as Jerry Springer's recent instruction for people to "contact your Congressmen." It's called bigotry, and it's on Air America Radio.

Then there is the issue of Anna Nicole Smith. I peeked in on what I know is the largest and most active "liberal" forum on the Web, and the posters were busy calling her a whore. Aside from the sexism, there is the little matter that her former husband's son and his cohorts forged documents. Forging documents is against the law and is immoral. A number of judges ruled in favor of the son, which leads anyone with a brain to conclude that there are some crooked judges involved in the case. But none of that mattered a hoot because Anna Nicole Smith "is a whore."

Then there is the matter of Stephen Colbert. Yes, what he did was wonderful, but his delivery left a lot to be desired. Someone on the "liberal" forum pointed this out, and was castigated for being a "conservative troll."

I used to be a member of a so-called liberal forum, but I left because of the chronic sexism and the irrational, uninformed ravings. What really helped me out the door was that someone was stalking me because I explained that copyright laws exist. And do not dare to be an animal rights advocate--that will get you nowhere fast on a liberal forum.

3 Comments:

I consider myself a liberal and I am all for animal rights. The more rights for them the better.

By Blogger Candy Schultz, at 7:27 PM  

It amazes that men and women who claim to me liberal are still victorian in their approach to women and where they fit and how they are to be treated. If I counted every time someone surprised me over saying something totally sexists or misogynistic, well, I'd be a few hundred dollars richer at the end of a day or two. I am not tuning them out, but the discourse between those kinds of men and women allbeit democrate or republican just isn't worth the energy, unless of course they are really pissing me off and then I go at it with both barrels.

By Blogger zelda1, at 11:19 AM  

Thanks, Ann.

By Blogger Diane, at 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home