Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Family Circle Cup--odds and ends

Yesterday, I was able to take several close-up photos of Svetlana Kuznetsova, who did an autograph session in the afternoon. Vera Zvonareva did one the day before, but I did not attend that one. I did attend the interview with Catalina Castana, as noted in a prior post.

A tornado hit the Family Circle Cup facility a few days ago, just after we arrived here, and the word is that the huge blow-up photo of Justine Henin-Hardenne served as a barrier between the twister and the stadium. So now, in addition to everything else, people say she can stop a tornado!

Although it isn't really important, we all like to look at what the players are wearing. My two favorites so far are Ashley Harkleroad, who looked really nice in heather gray and pink--heather gray skirt with pink trim, and pink top--and Julia Vakulenko. For one of her matches, Vakulenko had on a pleated, tiered bright green (on the lime side) tennis outfit that was different and very attractive.

3 Comments:

It's really to bad you will be cutting back on WTA posts. There is not a lot of good stuff regarding the WTA on the web and I really enjoyed your blog entries on the WTA. Are there any sites that you enjoy? Have fun at Hilton Head. I went to the Nasdaq, my 2nd WTA event ever and had a blast.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 AM  

I'm not sure what you mean by cutting back on WTA posts, except, I guess, that once the tournament is over, I'll be returning to other things with some WTA thrown in. I may increase my regular WTA posts, now that you mention it.

And I'm on Daniel Island, where the tournament has been held for the last several years.

I like the forum, WTA World, and I read the regular online tennis magazines. That's about it.

Thanks for this comment; I appreciate it.

By Blogger Diane, at 10:21 PM  

oakley sunglasses
cheap ray ban sunglasses
saics running shoes
michael kors handbags
michael kors handbags
baltimore ravens jerseys
michael kors handbags
los angeles lakers
salomon shoes
the north face

By Blogger raybanoutlet001, at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home