Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Songs for Valentine's Day

Last Valentine's Day, I presented a list of what I think are the best romance films ever made. This year, I've decided to list love songs I think are superior. The love songs (or maybe just seduction songs) I like the best of all are, in no particular order:

"I Concentrate On You"

"Speak Low"--my favorite version is the one done by the sublime Uta Lemper

"Midnight Sun"--a friend of mine once called it "a perfect song," and I cannot argue with that

"I'll Be Your Baby Tonight"

"Together Alone"--a lesser known, but hauntingly seductive, song by Melanie Safka

"Easy"--Melissa Manchester's delicious little song of persuasion

"A Case Of You"

"Seems Like Old Times"

"How Long Has This Been Going On?"

"In My Life"


And there there are the torch songs and bittersweet songs:

"Long Long Time"

"What About Me?"

"The Man That Got Away"--the greatest torch song ever written

"The Man I Love"

"A Lucky Guy"

"I'll See You In My Dreams"

"I'll Be Seeing You"

2 Comments:

"A Case of You?" My daughter recently got the Joni Mitchell jones. Oy.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:32 PM  

Then she has a lifelong gift. I know I do.

By Blogger Diane, at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home