Sunday, February 19, 2006

Poor Dick Cheney--he needs empathy

I was listening to the radio in my car today, and someone from the White House press corps--I didn't catch who--said he found it kind of sad that no one in the press was showing any empathy toward Dick Cheney.

I tried not to run my car off the road. For the last six years, the White House press corps has given Cheney a much greater gift than their empathy: They have ignored his warmongering, his relationship to big oil, and his whopping lies.

But if you want to talk about empathy, where is Cheney's empathy for his own daughter? Where is his empathy toward the soldiers who are getting maimed and killed for nothing? Where is his empathy toward the elderly who cannot fill their prescriptions? Where is his empathy toward the people on the Gulf Coast who have no jobs and nowhere to live?

Poor Dick Cheney--it's breaking my heart.

3 Comments:

You know, I loved what his friend, the friend that he shot said. He was sorry for the inconvienances that were put up on the VP and his family over this ordeal. HELLO, Mr. warmonger shot you, he should publically apologize to you, not viceaversa. Oh what is the world coming to, or do you think the friend was getting a little dig in on the old VP? I hope it was a dig, and it proved well placed.

By Blogger zelda1, at 9:17 AM  

I think it was probably a sincere statement, written by Mary Matalin.

I like Bill Maher's take on it--he said he doesn't feel bad for anyone injured in the middle of blowing up innocent creatures.

By Blogger Diane, at 10:23 AM  

I really wish there were such a phenomenon as karmic justice. I wish we could watch, on the MSM, Cheney and his ilk being slowly and horribly destroyed before our eyes. But there isn't, so I'll go with Bill Mahers, too.

By Blogger isabelita, at 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home