Saturday, January 28, 2006

Poor Trent Lott

Mississippi Governor and major Bush suck-up Haley Barbour says Mississippi is doing really well, post-Katrina, but Senator Trent Lott would not agree. When the storm took down Lott's 154-year old house, Bush told him, "There's going to be a fantastic house. And I'm going to look forward to sitting on the porch."

Better settle for a stump, George. Five months after the hurricane hit, there is not only no house going up, but, Lott says, "I don't even have a FEMA trailer."

Pardon me while I take some time here to weep copious tears of sympathy.

But seriously, folks...my lack of sympathy for Lott has nothing to do with the fact that he has two other houses; the well-off can suffer losses in a natural disaster, just like other people. No, my lack of sympathy is related to the fact that Lott is an activist--a former leader, in fact--in a group that wants FEMA dismantled, that doesn't give a damn about what happens to people after a natural disaster, and that is too incompetent to even know that "a storm was comin.'"

When the chickens come home to roost, they can peck you to death. Ask poor Trent Lott.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home