Friday, January 06, 2006

Four by four

Tagged by Catherine at Poverty Barn, I'm here to give my answers to the Meme of Four:

Four jobs they couldnt' pay you enough to do:

1. Slaughterhouse employee
2. Republican National or state committee staff member
3. Hooters waitress
4. Police officer

Four movies you used to love and watched over and over to the point that now you have them memorized and the prospect of watching them again causes your eyeballs to bleed:

None. All of the movies I used to watch over and over, I still love to watch over and over; I never grow tired of them.

Alternatively, four movies you loved when you saw them in the theater but don’t dare watch again for fear they won’t hold up:

1. About a Boy
2. Lost In Translation
3. Possession
4. Saved

Four places in the United States you've always thanked God you don't live even when you were living in Modesto, Ca:

1. Anywhere in Kansas
2. Anywhere in Oklahoma
3. Orlando
4. Denver

Four places you would like to visit on an extended vacation:

1. Rio Di Janeiro
2. Buenos Aires
3. Italy
4. South Africa

Four TV shows you are strangely tempted to watch but have so far resisted:

1. Commander In Chief (resisted because I was offended by the promo)
2. Sleeper Cell
3. Huff
4. The Shield

Four Websites that aren’t on your blogroll that you visit daily:

1. WTAWorld
2. Democratic Underground
3. CRWROPPS (writers' listings)
4. Tennis Week

Four foods you don’t really like and can’t understand why you eat them but you eat them anyway and feel bad about it afterwards:

I never eat anything I don't like.

Four albums you never listen to anymore but can’t bring yourself to trade in at Tower Records:

1. 10,000 Maniacs--Blind Man's Zoo
2. Rickie Lee Jones--The Magazine
3. Tracy Chapman--Crossroads
4. Irma Thomas--The Story of My Life

Four places you’d rather be but sadly won’t be any time soon:

1. Paris
2. New York City
3. Seattle
4. Cape Cod

I'm now officially tagging ae of arse poetica...as soon as she is drug-free enough to write her lists.

2 Comments:

Interesting choices, Diane. Just a couple of questions...why was police officer on your list of jobs they couldn't pay you enough to do and you're a maniacs fan, too? Great album which I rarely listen to as well.

By Blogger Pinky, at 1:45 AM  

I don't have the temperament to be a police officer. Injustice so sickens me that to look it in the eye hour after hour, day after day, would overwhelm me. I have a hard enough time dealing with it in my own line of work. I also don't want to be subjected to that much abuse.

The Maniacs were really good. I like Natalie solo, too, and have several of her albums. We saw her perform live in Birmingham a few years ago, and that was one of the best concerts I'd ever attended.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home