Friday, December 02, 2005

When liberals--or the not brain-dead--go shopping

I went out today to run some errands. The first place I went was to one of the local coffee shops, so I could have some coffee and read the paper. On my way in, I passed a big van in the parking lot. It belonged to a real estate agent, and there was a big picture of her with her name posted on the side. On the back were two bumper stickers: I Stand With President George W. Bush, and Boycott France--The Spin Stops Here.

Since it isn't a good idea to vomit right before you have your morning coffee, I moved on quickly. Later, I went to the Barnes & Noble in the next town, and as I was checking out, the clerk asked me if I wanted to donate a book to a book drive. I asked her whose book drive, and she said it was for the parish school board. I told her I'd donate books when they stopped banning books. She smiled and gave me a victory fist. I guess it could have been worse.

Then I wound up in Target. I don't want to go to Target anymore, but it is near my house, and it is now hard to find a place that doesn't have a rule that allows pharmacists to control women's bodies. Feeling guilty about being there, I went to the customer service desk and asked the clerk, a college-age female, for a complaints/suggestions form, since I couldn't find one on my own. She couldn't find any, either, and she asked me if she could help me. I told her what I was protesting, and this was the first she'd heard that Target had gone over to the dark side. She was stunned.

Running errands would be so much easier if I were an American idiot.

1 Comments:

"I told her I'd donate books when they stopped banning books."

Bravo!

By Blogger Pinky, at 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home