Thursday, November 10, 2005

Next time you're defrauded out of your retirement funds, blame Babs

And next time a corporation manipulates you into paying $500 for your monthly utilities, blame Jane.

When I was in the Biloxi/Gulfport airport, preparing to fly to Atlanta, the woman who manages the gift shop decided to tell anyone who wanted to hear--and it was hard not to--that she hasn't attended a film in years and doesn't intend to see one because "they are all immoral."

"It's because of California! The country is immoral now because of California!"

"I hate Barbra Streisand!"

"And I hate Jane Fonda!"

I happened to be holding Fonda's memoirs in my hand, and I toyed with the idea of walking in there and holding it up so that she could see it, but it didn't seem sporting.

2 Comments:

She surely knows that the morality of countries has been a topic in rhetoric since language first developed. Moral decay? What would she have done if she had lived in ancient Greece or ancient Rome? There are idiots everywhere and when I hear one talking about the sins of our country and blaming everything from Katrina to AIDS on those sins, I just consider the source, shake my head, and move on. Why avoid movies, plays, books, or music? So she punishes herself, what a fucktard.

By Blogger zelda1, at 6:33 AM  

She obviously has so little faith in the strenght od her own morality that she fears that the briefest contact with 'immorality' will doom her to hell. So pathetic.

By Blogger handdrummer, at 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home