Friday, October 21, 2005

Too much Kool-Aid will make your face turn purple

I met a woman this afternoon who told me our governor is an idiot. I asked her why she thought that, and she said, "What do you mean? She failed to order anything we needed before Katrina hit." I asked her how she could have possibly interpreted the documentation that way. She looked at me with a blank stare. "I read all the documents," I told her. "She ordered everything in plenty of time. She's still waiting for most of it." "Have you even read the documents?" I asked, knowing the answer. "Well, no," she said.

Not content with that failure to brush aside facts, she then told me--wait for it--that she felt sorry for Michael Brown. "He did a good job in Florida--they must have a better governor." "Jeb Bush is their governor," I reminded her." "Yes," she said, "he must be better." "He's George W. Bush's brother," I reminded her. She stared at me blankly again.

She did allow, however that Senator Landrieu, who is way too "liberal" for her to ever vote for, is doing a very good job for the state.

3 Comments:

Sheesh. That's why the country is going down the tubes, informed citizenry, blah blah blah.

I'd trade governors with you in a minute. Hope this next one stays away from you. Too bad it can't hit Crawford.

By Blogger egalia, at 8:15 PM  

I'm going to have to memorize this dialogue, for my upcoming visit to Louisiana.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:39 AM  

This was not a typical comment. Most people here are furious with Brown.

By Blogger Diane, at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home