Monday, October 24, 2005

Bonjour, dear readers

We are in Paris, where it is cloudy, windy, and beautiful. Rain was forecast, but so far the city has remained dry. We are still kind of jet-laggy, and spent most of yesterday getting settled. While I was collapsed with exhaustion, I watched most of the Zurich Open final, and though I usually cheer for Lindsay Davenport, this was one I wanted Patty Schnyder to win. Patty was very impressive in the first set, but couldn't go the distance against a very tough Lindsay Davenport.

We are staying in a Brit hotel that has the loveliest hotel lounge I've ever seen. The Internet connection did not work in either our room or the lounge, but after struggling with it for hours, the management finally got it to work, at least in the lounge.

The rumor here is that Chirac's hospital stay was due to a very mild stroke; they are calling him "the sick man of Paris."

We have walked and walked and walked and will continue walking great distances throughout our stay.

2 Comments:

Bonjour! Welcome to this side of the Atlantic.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:43 PM  

Thanks, Kathy. Delighted to be here again. This hotel is really lovely, and in a wonderful location. This Friday, my friend who lives in Geneva is coming to spend the weekend with us, so I am very excited about that.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home