Monday, August 15, 2005

Liberals have no right to grieve

That is essentially what nutcakes like Fred Barnes, Michelle Malkin, and Melanie Morgan are saying. Oh my, oh dear--stop the presses--we think Cindy Sheehan was already a liberal before her son died.

I don't know if this is true, though I like to think it is. But the resulting criticism amounts to a belief that liberals have no right to grieve if their children are killed in a war. And no right to be angry if they also happen to notice that their children died in vain. And that being a liberal robs you of legitimacy if you criticize the administration because--hey!--you're acting like a liberal! Liberals criticize the administration. So you're just being a liberal and so what if your son died?

My favorite piece of cognitive oopsy so far, though, has been the assertion by someone who wrote a letter to Malkin in which s/he said Sheehan's grief proves that pro-choice people are hypocrites. Say what?! Ready? "Respecting the right to choose what you do with your body does not include the choice of putting on a uniform and serving your country."

1 Comments:

... and bike rides to go on.

I nearly blow my cerebral cortex whenever I get anywhere near Malkin's site. But these days, she's everywhere, and I can't avoid her.

It's not surprising to learn that her fans are as delusional as she is, though.

By Blogger Unknown, at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home