Saturday, August 13, 2005

"It's just pretty nice for the kids"

Thanks to Cat Out Loud for a new piece of animal abuse outrage: A 4-H Club in Lamar, Colorado has added a chicken roping competition to the events at the Sand and Sage Fair. I assume that, by now, one of the humane organizations has learned about this new piece of obscenity.

4-H says it helps kids learn about citizenship and life skills. I wasn't aware that included animal abuse.

"...I think it's great," one of the spectators said. "Everyone is having a good time."

Not the chickens.

2 Comments:

Why am I not surprised it takes place in Colorado?

By Blogger Unknown, at 1:27 PM  

I know. Abuse an animal for Jesus. Check out my new post for something you can do to help the chickens.

By Blogger Diane, at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home