Wednesday, August 17, 2005

For once, I have something to be proud of about my city

My little city--despite its piney groves, colorful banners, rivers, parks, abundant tubs of flowers, and beautifully preserved architecture--has an ugly soul. It is full of relentlessly right-wing people, as are the towns that are adjacent to it. But of course, not everyone here is an ignorant nutcake. I learned this morning that two of our citizens are in Crawford, acting as attorneys for Cindy Sheehan! One of them I have written about before, and she is there with her husband, along with many other people from my state.

This morning, I also learned that as a Poet Against War, I can join a PAW project on Sheehan's behalf. I can't be in Crawford, but at least I can help a little, as can we all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home