Thursday, July 21, 2005

You can't handle the truth

A few days ago, I had a discussion with a reasonably intelligent man who told me he thought the main reason the U.S. invaded Iraq was oil.

I asked him what the other reasons were, and he remained silent.

He then said he was glad about the invasion because it got rid of Saddam Hussein's government.

I asked him if he favored our invading Cuba, Iran and Liberia, and by the way, why haven't we done so?

He shrugged in a "god, no!" kind of way and then was silent.

I asked him to name one government with a successful democracy that had been thrust upon them.

He could not do so.

When the people who actually pay attention to what is going on and who even think we are there for the oil still don't get it, what can be done?

4 Comments:

I guess a lot of us stupid men thought it was for the oil. Could you enlighten us poor dummies or are you just going to make us guess?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:26 PM  

Not following you at all here.

By Blogger Diane, at 2:02 PM  

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during your conversations!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:42 AM  

Roxie and Velma would chase you!

By Blogger Diane, at 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home