Monday, July 11, 2005

When bloggers meet, can it be anything but great?

Louisiana is all about weather. Only yesterday, we had to make a quick run to the store for limes because we had fresh peaches ready to be transformed into peach daiquiries, and who knew when the storm might disable the blender? Every south Louisianian maintains a steady supply of lanterns, batteries, candles, and ice, and not necessarily in that order.

We generally recommend that people not visit Louisiana during the summer because of the intense humidity, but here we are with an early hurricane season, which has brought us some much-needed cooling off, as well as some delightful visitors who didn't mind braving the power outages and closings of New Orleans. ae, one of my favorite bloggers, whose arse poetica is a must-read, arrived in our little woodsy area of the state yesterday evening, having done everything there was to do in storm-ravaged New Orleans. It was raining and kind of dark, but we took her and her two equally charming friends on a very brief tour of our city. We visited the meditation garden and river landing, and saw a couple of pocket parks downtown. Then it was off to another town to have dinner in a brew pub, and a good time was had by all.

We all got on so well, it was as if we had known each other from another time. Such is the power of words and communication--that we can know people without seeing them. But it's a lot more fun to see them, for sure.

1 Comments:

DED, I can't believe that it's back to commenting now, and I'm sitting in my office and not in your cozy living room! What a pleasure it was to meet the both of you, and I mean it most sincerely when I say that I hope we will be able to see one another again very soon. Of course, I'll be dropping by your blog everyday so that connection will remain. When I get my pictures in order, I'll zap you copies. Thanks again for a wonderful evening. Give our best to O, V, and R! ;-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home