Sunday, June 19, 2005

Conservatives in the magic circle

Yesterday I attended a couple of professional workshops, and I met a very nice, bright woman who lives in Florida. We chatted together throughout the day, and she desribed to me the extreme right-wing mindset of her community. She also told me about a group of pagan Republicans in Florida, a concept I found quite entertaining. But guess what? They're not just in Florida. And why are they calling themselves the "minority within the minority"?

Unfortunately, the website is under construction so there is nothing much to read. How does one worship the Goddess if one belongs to a group that not only denigrates women, but also pushes right-wing Christianity at every turn? How does one practice paganism if one belongs to a group that is on a mission to destroy the environment? When you think about it, though, I suppose this is no stranger than Catholic feminism, another movement that has always mystified me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home