Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Take the DED Space liberal consciousness quiz!

This is not intended to be a promotion of Hillary Clinton, about whom I have mixed feelings; it is more a revelation of so-called liberal thinking.

In my visits to liberal message boards and such, I repeatedly hear that Sen. Clinton would be a poor choice for presidential nominee because she is "ambitious" and "polarizing."

Franklin D. Roosevelt was quite a polarizing figure when he ran for president as a physically disabled man. He then became even more polarizing because of his outrageous partisanism. He was elected four times to the office.

John F. Kennedy was frighteningly ambitious to the point of being dysfunctionally driven, and his Catholicism made him a very polarizing figure in the late 50's and early 60's, but he was elected and is considered an icon by many people.

His brother, Ted Kennedy, became beyond polarizing when he drove a car off a bridge in the middle of the night in the company of a woman who wasn't his wife, and she died, and he "didn't remember" the incident. He, too, was re-elected many times, and is an icon in the Democratic Party.

Few could be considered as ambitious as Bill Clinton, and though he was impeached, he is considered one of the most important living Democrats. Many Democrats say they would gladly vote for him if he were to run again.

And now for the quiz:

FDR, JFK, Ted Kennedy, and Bill Clinton: What do these four have in common?

Tick-tock, tick-tock...

Ding! ding! ding! You answered correctly!

Doesn't it make you kind of sick?

7 Comments:

If you are referring to their propensity to extra-martital activities (and the lack of respect for their partners it displays), yes, it sort of makes me sick.
I would consider myself to be a liberal. I have voted for the Democratic presidential candidate since my first vote in 1980. My other votes will bounce by the candidate, but I would say that I am more apt to vote for a Dem than any other party.
I am an evangelical Christian (but not an "everyone else will burn" fundamentalist). I have been married to my wife for 22 years.
I have considered affairs, and as long as my heart beats, I imagine I will imagine. But I place more value in a 50th wedding anniversary party than a tryst.
So when the leaders and icons of my party are linked with what I consider immoral behavior, yeah it makes me a little sick.
And Democratic leadership think that abortion and gay-rights are what are dividing the country?
Nah, it is the conflicted feelings of folks like me that don't want to be counted with the right-side wing nuts, but are having a hard time with the lack of accountability for the character lapses of Democrats. And the unwillingness to call such behavior wrong in others.
I'd love to support a person with the centrist policies of Paul Tsongas and the personal integrity of Ronald Reagan (say what you will, he loved his wife).
Who is it?

By Blogger Kurt, at 11:10 AM  

You answered incorrectly. Try again.

By Blogger Diane, at 11:27 AM  

Er... I thought it was because they were all men.

By Blogger Sour Duck, at 12:44 PM  

And, of course, you are correct.

"Ambition" and "polarization" are factors for ruling out a candidacy only when the candidate is a woman. Ask any liberal.

By Blogger Diane, at 12:47 PM  

(say what you will, he loved his wife).

Okay, I'll say, which wife? The one he was married to while he had affairs, or the one he had an affair with, got pregnant, and reluctantly married? (Not to mention the children he ignored while they were growing up.)

I do think he loved her, though, but I don't think he's a shining example of moral fortitude, nor is someone's marriage the only stick to judge their morals by.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:17 PM  

valentino
air jordan
retro jordans
yeezy boost
kobe shoes
off white shoes
coach outlet online
balenciaga shoes
cheap jordans
adidas yeezy

By Blogger yanmaneee, at 9:57 AM  

outlet
supreme
yeezy outlet
golden goose outlet
bape shoes
curry shoes
bape hoodie
golden goose
off white outlet
bapesta

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home