Saturday, May 21, 2005

I'm reading my poems on an NPR program

I am reading two of my poems on "Theme and Variations," and I forgot to mention it in the blog. The show, which is distributed by NPR, was released by satellite yesterday and can be heard on various stations at different times. Here is a list of the stations. You can also hear it on Internet radio via Yellowstone Radio tomorrow, Sunday, May 22, at 11:00 a.m. MST.

I am reading "My Mother Sews Hats" and a sestina, "Visiting Your Remains." The radio show will be the premier presentation of both poems.

5 Comments:

Wonderful, DED! Except I won't be around at 11 a.m. MST. =( Will you please post a link if there is one?

Cheers!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 PM  

Thanks, Lauren and ae!

ae, I'm not sure what kind of link you're looking for. The link to all of the stations is in the post. If you have access to one of them, you can check its listings to see when they air the program, if they haven't already done so. If that doesn't answer your question, please clarify what type of link you're looking for and I'll give it to you if I have it.

By Blogger Diane, at 10:09 PM  

Hey, that's 8 p.m. here! I'll try to listen tonight.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:34 AM  

Hey, DED, your vocal stylings perfectly accompanied the mood set by the musical background and the first poem, "Visiting Your Remains" was both touching and insightful. Congratulations... it's very, very good.

Now, back to wait for "My Mother Sews Hats".

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:38 PM  

Thanks, Bob. They often use musical submissions they receive, but not today. No complaint about reading to a Saint-Saens background, though.

By Blogger Diane, at 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home