Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I pledge not to let my daughter think

The large horrors all around us affect us deeply in our waking and sleeping moments. But it is the little horrors close to home that make us feel sick.

A few days ago, I learned that a Girl Scout troop in my city was disbanded because of the Cult of Bush. Several mothers of Scouts learned that the troop leader was a Kerry supporter and they pulled their daughters out of the troop. Eventually, the troop dissolved.

The troop leader said she heard that the mothers were afraid her daughter would tell the other girls that Kerry would make a good president, or that women don't have to stay in the home.

This boggles my mind. I live in a very conservative community, but I have to be constantly reminded that it has become this conservative. People around here used to put being hospitable before anything, but that has changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home