Sunday, March 20, 2005

One woman bloggers speaks

I've been doing my best not to get involved in the "women bloggers have nothing interesting to say" bruhaha because the presumption is so ridiculous it doesn't really deserve to be addressed. But just for the hell of it, I did a quick scan of topics I've covered since I began blogging in 2002:
terrorism, the war in Afghanistan, the war in Iraq, free speech, global food aid, AIDS, the Vatican, Howard Dean, factory farming, air and water pollution, sexism in language, violence in America, voter fraud, Jesse Jackson's bigotry, Olympic (men's) tennis, laboratory testing of animals, Juneteenth, Martha Stewart, Ricky Williams, sexism in tennis, Wal-Mart, the Sept. 11 Commission, child abuse, sexual assault in the military, international family planning, No Child Left Behind, and the ongoing lies, hypocrisy, bullying, and Constitution-bashing of the Bush administration. There were other topics, of course, but I caught these right away.

I'm not sure what I need to talk about that will catch the interest of male bloggers, but since I don't give a damn about whose interest I catch, I'll never find out. Because animal liberation is one of my most sacred topics, I already sit on the edge of the Blogosphere. Most liberals, as a rule, want tolerance and kindness to be shown toward everyone, only they don't want to know that chickens were stomped on and thrown up against walls, that hogs' legs were pulled off, and that calves stuffed into tiny pens were force-fed so that they could enjoy their entrees. Likewise, many liberal men couldn't care less about the cultural presumption that women are inferior to men in all ways.

So about the female bloggers controversy: Why did any woman think the 21st Century would be any different from all the others?

6 Comments:

We must have some wierd psychic kinship because I have been working on something all day and now I know it was always DEDicated to you. Look for it late PM your time. Oy.

By Blogger The Heretik, at 6:01 PM  

I've been wondering lately why I haven't seen more animal rights/vegan issues since hanging around the lefty blogosphere. Maybe cause I hung out on vegan message boards so long, I assumed many leftists were vegan, and all vegans were leftist, but obviously not.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:38 PM  

That was me. Don't know why it turned me into Anonymous.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:50 AM  

The left, for the most part, ignores animal rights and is often contemptuous of the movement.

Thanks for stopping by here, Kathy.

By Blogger Diane, at 8:31 AM  

Really? That's interesting. I did notice when I posted about foxhunting not a soul replied. And that's a class issue too, at least they like to think it is.

(Maybe that link will work....)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:51 AM  

prada handbags, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, christian louboutin, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, nike outlet, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton, uggs on sale, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin uk, michael kors outlet online, longchamp outlet, uggs outlet, chanel handbags, gucci handbags, replica watches, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online, kate spade outlet, uggs outlet, burberry outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet store, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, tiffany and co, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, christian louboutin shoes, burberry handbags, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, nike air max, tiffany jewelry

By Blogger oakleyses, at 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home