Wednesday, November 19, 2003

"Is" has never been "is" like "is" is with Rush Limbaugh. Here is his explanation of how he is not a hypocrite:

"People are saying that I am a hypocrite, as I was using drugs. Yet, I was telling people to lead a moral life and do the right thing. Okay, if what I was saying to do was the right thing about whatever subject, does the fact that I may not have been doing it myself mean that it's not right to do? My behavior doesn't change right and wrong. And just because I may have been doing something that appeared to be contradictory to what I was suggesting others do doesn't mean that what I was suggesting others do is wrong.

You know, the critics want to harp on all this hypocrisy. There's no hypocrisy in this, because there is no weakening of right and wrong simply because some people don't choose to live that way in certain areas of their lives."

Hello! A more appropriate statement might be: "OxyContin fried my brain."

Yes, Rush, to preach against something and--at the same time--perform the behavior you are telling others is wrong...is hypocrisy. Look it up in a dictionary. The fact that the behavior was wrong doesn't mean you aren't a hypocrite: It means you are!