Wednesday, January 04, 2006

When "liberal" men talk about courage

I was in my car and couldn't figure out who the guest was, but yesterday, on Al Franken's radio show, the guest and Franken discussed a few members of Congress who had actually showed some courage, only they didn't say that. They said the Congresspeople had "cojones," a vulgar term that men like to use because it doesn't sound vulgar in English. Franken, however, went ahead and said they had balls.

So, liberal Al Franken and your liberal guest--every time you equate courage with masculinity, you are insulting women. Courage is not a masculine trait, no matter how much you want to believe it is.

4 Comments:

I'll say! Well said. I'm sick of "liberals" not getting it.

By Blogger Helen Wheels, at 9:00 PM  

I won't be the one it took a lot of balls to write this.

Keep on it, DED.

By Anonymous The Heretik, at 11:49 PM  

That took ovaries!

(this was a title of a book)

NancyP

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 AM  

None of these male 'liberal' comedians are at all woman friendly. I hear the word pussy way too often on jon stewart, for example.

By Anonymous asha, at 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home