Sunday, June 05, 2005

Whom do I loathe more today?

The Associated Press, for writing this completely misleading article? The New York Times for running it? Or Joe Biden and John Edwards for jumping on the "bash Dean" bandwagon? Well, it's a tough choice, but I'll have to go with Biden and Edwards.

Anyone who heard Dean's remarks knows good and well that he was referring to the Republican leadership, many of whom haven't ever made an honest living in their lives, starting with the alleged president of the United States. As for DeLay, though he has not been indicted, there is agreement among thousands of people that he is corrupt and has broken the law.

More important, however, is the fact that Biden and Edwards, in their eagerness to distance themselves from Dean in the event they should launch presidential campaigns, failed to say what desperately needed to be said: "Dean was just talking like Republicans talk every day of the year." It was a terrible missed opportunity, and makes me sick. As for Biden, I have hated him since he let Anita Hill get roasted and burned. Now I can add Edwards to my list of useless cowards.

3 Comments:

The quagmire known as the Beltway is fast becoming a stopped-up toilet belching filth and forcing us to enjoy it. It's hard to find anyone of national prominence to vote for and impossible to find anyone to admire.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:23 AM  

Just more Dem fear. They can't stand up for themselves, and when someone breaks ranks and actually says something worth saying, the rest scurry back to their holes apologizing all the way.

I wish Dean would start a new progressive party. I'd sign up for that one. I am so over the Democrats. INEFFECTUAL WIMPS.

By Blogger Unknown, at 11:54 AM  

We already have a progressive party--it's called The Green Party. Sign up; you'll stop feeling ashamed. The day I changed my voter registration, I felt liberated.

By Blogger Diane, at 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home