Thursday, June 02, 2005

Sometimes the words "hypocritical misogynistic idiot" just aren't enough

Kansas State Senator Kay O'Connor, an opponent of women's suffrage, announced today that she will run for the office of Secretary of State.

This is what O'Connor said in 2001:

I think the 19th Amendment, while it's not an evil in and of itself, is a symptom of something I don't approve of. The 19th Amendment is around because men weren't doing their jobs, and I think that's sad. I believe the man should be the head of the family. The woman should be the heart of the family.

One cannot imagine that O'Connor was elected without the votes of women, though I certainly wouldn't want to spend any time with the women who voted for her. And I don't hear her telling women to stay away from the polls because they need to be home preparing a healthy and delicious feast for the menfolk, who will return hungry from the hard work of pulling the curtain and touching the screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home